About Eat Boutique:
Eat Boutique is an award-winning shop and story-driven recipe site created by Maggie Battista. After hosting pop-up markets for 25,000+ guests, Maggie is focused on opening her first permanent Eat Boutique – a food-retail concept space with a new way to shop for the very best food.
Her second cookbook, A New Way to Food: Recipes That Revamped My Pantry & Made Me Love Me, At Last, will be published by Roost Books/Penguin Random House in 2019. Her first cookbook, Food Gift Love: More Than 100 Recipes to Make, Wrap, and Share, is available wherever you find favorite cookbooks.
On this website, you’ll find so much great content created over the last 10 years:
- Wholesome, mostly plant based recipes and lots of practical wellness advice
- Delicious, stylish and small batch food gift recipes for all occasions
- Effortless recipes and personal essays by Maggie and other experienced food pros (who are also friends)
- Favorite food and travel moments with cookbook authors, chefs, makers and writers
- Personal loves of Eat Boutique’s founder, Maggie Battista
About the food:
** Our online shop is currently limited given our focus on opening an in-real-life food space in Boston. **
In our award-winning online shop, we feature small batch and ethically produced food, kitchen, and home gifts for a beautiful and delicious life. We only sell what we ourselves would buy, which means everything is tasted and loved, highlighted with our glowing recommendation.
Eat Boutique products are sourced from passionate makers, farmers and purveyors. They are made in small batches from treasured recipes, and the majority of our products use fair-trade, organic, or sustainably-sourced ingredients. Each time we (and you) buy food made by a small maker, farmer or producer, you contribute to their success and the success of small businesses as a whole. By helping small businesses become more economically viable, we in turn give our community better access to the very best food, making us all healthier, happier, and more connected to each other, the table, and our land.
7 Ways We Eat Boutique:
- With intention: We purposely choose food made from love, passion and small business vision.
- With beauty in mind: The food we feature is both visually and literally appetizing, made for a gift or your kitchen shelf.
- In smaller batches: Food made by hand or in small batches delivers true flavor.
- Only the highest quality: The best ingredients make the best food products. We work with makers and producers who only use the highest quality ingredients.
- Sustainably: Delicious food should consider the world. Our featured makers prioritize ethically-sourced ingredients with only natural preservatives, if any. If there’s sugar in our products, it’s real sugar, and not faux sugar.
- Valuing innovation + tradition: The recipes that make up our featured products are often family heirlooms and painstakingly tested. The great taste comes from hard work, not a lab.
- Supporting small businesses: When you buy food made by small businesses, you cast your dollar (and vote) for handmade, sustainable food. That act strengthens and expands the market for handmade, sustainable food.