That’s right, folks! We’re looking for someone to join our incredibly-talented and food-loving team. Could that person be you?
Our ideal Apprentice is:
- Eager to learn and gain valuable real-world experience, specifically the basics of running a content/story-driven online business
- Passionate about food, food gifts, crafts, blogs, and social media
- Interested in marketing, public relations, journalism, or social media
- Excellent at researching, writing, organizing, and taking photographs
- Proficient with Google applications, Word Press, and various social media tools
- Independent worker who takes feedback to heart and anticipates follow-up tasks
- Located near Boston, Massachusetts
The role includes these duties and opportunities:
- General editorial tasks including (but not limited to) prepping blog and product posts, image manipulation, making content tweaks, performing site wide content updates, and some copywriting
- General social media tasks including (but not limited to) prepping posts for FB, Twitter + IG; reaching out to fans and followers; and curating Pinterest boards
- Identifying trend-setting influencers, culinary luminaries, bloggers, or similar brands with which to partner or add to the shop, and presenting any opportunities with business rationale
- On the ground promotion for the Food Gift Love cookbook, which may include outreach, flyer distribution, and support at signings/events
- Writing and photographing your own post for Eat Boutique (a byline!)
- Participating in on-site boutique sales for all in-real-life events, including set-up and clean up
This is a part-time remote position requiring 25 hours per week (with flexibility during peak times) from September 1 through December 31, 2015. The role will offer fantastic experience to anyone wanting to work in food, providing a platform for endless opportunity and experimentation. The selected apprentice will receive a signed copy of the Food Gift Love Cookbook and other perks (like a byline, company discounts, a reference, our undying gratitude!). While there are never guarantees, the right apprentice could evolve into a more permanent, paid position.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, social media, writing samples, and list of any applicable links to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you, and possibly working together. Cheers!
Eat Boutique was an award-winning shop and story-driven recipe site created by Maggie Battista – an author, business guide and alignment seeker. After hosting retail markets for 25,000+ guests, Maggie now supports entrepreneurs as they create values-based businesses through We Are Magic Studio. Follow Maggie Battista on Instagram.