I’m a big fan of Valentine’s Day. I’ve never seen it as a day to solely celebrate your main squeeze. I just want to fete each love of my life – my husband, my family, my friends. Gosh, I remember when we were all children, carting our heart-shaped candy and boxes of heart-shaped cards to school, one for each of our fellow students. Sure, we were forced to give one to everyone, even the kid who pulled your hair in the lunch line, but we were being taught to love everyone and there’s nothing bad about that.
I think the best path to your loved one’s heart is, and always will be, food. Salty, sweet, tart or rich and luscious, all the senses totally play into love. This year, after getting so many sweet emails from readers and clients asking for another gift box, I’m introducing this special box of handmade foods produced by some truly special artisans. They all care about quality and making stuff that just tastes heavenly. By sending this box to the one you love, you’re supporting that handmade spirit and showering just the right amount of love on your special someones.
This Valentine’s Day gift box holds treats from:
- Taza (Somerville, MA) – a perfect Salt & Pepper Bar and a package of their Cocoa Nibs (more here!)
- Lark Fine Foods (Essex, MA) – impossibly good Snowball Cookies, reminiscent of Mexican wedding cookies (we rifted on their salted rosemary shortbread here!)
- Q’s Nuts (Rowley, MA) – a sweet bag Chocolate Raspberry Cashews
- 240sweet Artisan Marshmallows (Columbus, IN) – their Caramel Chocolate Chips Puffs that will dazzle your next hot drink or sweets plate
- Cheshire Canning (Cheshire, NY) – the first ever release of Sweet Beets, tart and delicious, well-suited to your next cheese platter or just spooned into a wide-open mouth (which would pair well with this cheese!)
- Liddabit sweets (Brooklyn, NY) – their Sea-Salted Caramels and a large bag of their Bacon-Coffee Caramel Popcorn with Candied Bacon (our silly caramel attempts here!)
I’d be so honored if you purchased one of these gift boxes. I only put together a few so get them while you can! They’re just $65 (shipping included) for delivery within the continental United States, if you order by February 4, 2011. (After February 4, 2011, the total price of the gift box will go up, a lot, in order to get your box delivered to your continental United States recipient in time.)
If you’re not in the market for a Valentine’s Day gift, I’d appreciate it if you shared it with your friends or family who may be shopping this Valentine’s Day. I’m sure you know lots of people who like good (handmade) food as much as we do!
Eat Boutique is an award-winning shop and story-driven recipe site created by Maggie Battista–shop girl, writer, author, and creative business coach. After hosting pop-up markets for 25,000+ guests, Maggie is working to open her first permanent Eat Boutique–a food-retail concept space with a new way to the very best food–as well as coaching women in food to reach life and business goals. Her second cookbook, A New Way to Food: 100 Recipes to Encourage a Healthy Relationship with Food, Nourish Your Beautiful Body, and Celebrate Real Wellness for Life, will be published by Roost Books on February 5, 2019.