Another hit from Thanksgiving was a very simple recipe for cranberry sauce. I’ve always been a big fan of the canned variety, but love the more rustic, chunky sauce that only comes when you make it from scratch. This recipe was adapted from a Gourmet magazine recipe.
Cranberry Sauce with Port and Orange
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup ruby Port
- 3 (3- by 1/2-inch) strips orange zest
- 1/3 cup orange juice (from about 2 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Over medium heat, stir the first four ingredients in saucepan. Once the cranberries have burst (about 12 minutes later), stir in the orange juice and pull the pan off the heat. Add the agave nectar (I did this to add just a touch more of natural sweetness).
- Pack in a covered dish and let sit overnight in the fridge so the flavors can meld together. Serve generously over turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes - and all sorts of other items, like pork, duck, ice cream, you name it!
Eat Boutique is an award-winning shop and story-driven recipe site created by Maggie Battista–shop girl, writer, author, and creative business coach. After hosting pop-up markets for 25,000+ guests, Maggie is working to open her first permanent Eat Boutique–a food-retail concept space with a new way to the very best food–as well as coaching women in food to reach life and business goals. Her second cookbook, A New Way to Food: 100 Recipes to Encourage a Healthy Relationship with Food, Nourish Your Beautiful Body, and Celebrate Real Wellness for Life, will be published by Roost Books on February 5, 2019.