Since signing the deal to write a cookbook, there are about one thousand other things I’m doing instead of actually writing a cookbook.
Help me, Rhonda.
If you’re my editor, there’s a little “x” in the top of this browser that you should click right about now, okay?
Instead of writing a cookbook, I’m doing things like:
- Watching the sun rise with a cup of coffee.
- Lunching at my favorite Cambridge cafe, Tatte Bakery.
- Scouring a friend’s prop closet for that cookbook that I’m not (yet) writing.
- Getting caught in snow storms with my photographer (no photographing yet either).
- Indulging in seafood-filled dinners – thank you Row34.
- Tidying up my Food Gift Love pantry for the Boston Herald.
- Making tea bags for my new friends-to-be at Alt Summit and making my first visit to Salt Lake City.
- Creating fabric stamps for that cookbook that I better go write now…
We’ll be doing a call-out for recipe testers soon, or as soon as I get all those recipes finalized! More soon… xox
Photos taken and styled by Maggie Battista.
Eat Boutique discovers the best small batch foods by boutique food makers. We share recipes, maker stories and city guides to eating boutique. We host tasting events and markets for food makers, cookbook authors and food fans. We craft seasonal, regional gift and tasting boxes and sell individual items that you can order in the Eat Boutique Shop. You can also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr and Pinterest.
Eat Boutique is an award-winning shop and story-driven recipe site created by Maggie Battista. After hosting pop-up markets for 25,000+ guests, Maggie is now focused on opening her first permanent Eat Boutique–a food-retail concept space with a new way to the very best food. Her second cookbook, A New Way to Food: Recipes That Revamped My Pantry & Made Me Love Me, At Last, will be published by Roost Books/Penguin Random House in 2019. Her first cookbook, Food Gift Love, features more than 100 food gift recipes to make, wrap, and share and is available wherever you find favorite cookbooks.